Our Premium Service means we provide personal service whether for reservations, delivery and/or usage instructions or coming to you inside a theme park to service you in the rare instance that you are in need of technical service.
- Scooter Vacations has fulltime access and delivers to all Universal Orlando hotels.
- Scooter Vacations is the ONLY company to provide 24 hour customer service while you are on your scooter. You may reach an employee, live, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Scooter Vacations utilizes our own trained staff. We come INSIDE the park to bring you a new scooter. Unlike others, we do not require you to go back to the hotel bellman to deal with a service or battery issue and/or to pick up a replacement scooter.
Standard delivery service is provided to those hotels that provide their guests who rent a mobility scooter (as part of their equal enjoyment of their services and facilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act) the ability to utilize their luggage room/facilities to accept their scooters for delivery and pick up. In addition, you may alternately choose our Concierge delivery service.
For our Concierge service, we schedule your approximate arrival time to the resort and have your scooter loaded on a delivery van in the area awaiting your arrival for personalized delivery. At the time of delivery we make sure your scooter is to your satisfaction which includes seat adjustment, armrests, steering column and ensuring you know how to charge your scooter each night. If you plan on transporting your scooter, the driver can even go through the steps for assembly and dis-assembly. For those hotels with policies that limit the delivery of a mobility scooter without a fee-based payment agreement*, we automatically provide our Concierge service.
For all Universal Orlando hotels we are uniquely located within a 5 minute drive. There are many hotels nearby to the Universal Orlando Property and Theme Parks that provide enjoyment of their services and facilities for delivery of guests mobility scooters. The Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay, and Royal Pacific hotels have policies that limit the delivery of a mobility scooter without a fee-based payment agreement* so we automatically provide our Concierge delivery service.
Hotel’s determine their mobility scooter delivery policy by their interpretation of the Americans with Disabilities Act Title III.
Below are relevant excerpts from the Americans with Disabilities Act Title III Regulations.
Subpart B – General Requirements
- (a) Prohibition of discrimination. No individual shall be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any private entity who owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of public accommodation.
- (a) Denial of participation. A public accommodation shall not subject an individual or class of individuals on the basis of a disability or disabilities of such individual or class, directly, or through contractual, licensing, or other arrangements, to a denial of the opportunity of the individual or class to participate in or benefit from the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation.
*Universal Orlando Hotels changed their policy and limit the delivery of a mobility scooter without a fee-based payment agreement. It does not pose a problem for Scooter Vacations as our driver must go there whether providing our Standard or Concierge delivery service however it is contrary to the ability for a guest to have delivered their non-medical items such as luggage, packages and items delivered via other sources such as UPS, FEDEX or US Postal Service.